Monday, January 29, 2007

Visitors Book from 2001

hi everybody at the green ele! A short hello from (the blonde) Olli. The weather in Germany is shitty as always in winter time. Rain every day and not a fucking ray of light! Do you know how lucky you are? If not I´d like to challenge you for a treat. You spend the winter in Germany, I go to Cape Town have lots of Chippie-burgers, gallons of Hunter`s and get my white german ass burned! Special "hi" to Robin and Jane, if they are around. Later, Olli.
8/1/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi there just a quick note to say thank you for all your kind hospitality and beer during our recent stay in your fine institution.The weather and beer couldn't have been better. Even when a mix up with our hire car emerged it wasn't too much trouble to assist in getting another one. Oh did I mention the beer was pretty good. Just to let you know it was minus 6 Deg with the windchill today. I get the feeling you will be seeing us again before too long. Beer is good Cheers Nick (and Jon & Ben) p.s say Hi to Deefa
12/1/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Howzit Everybody, My first depression is gone and the normal life got me back (kack!!!) Now I start waiting for the next depression. I'm busy looking for a job. Could take sometime to get a new one...and I don't believe that I can get my old one back. May I should have taken the job in the Ele on Castle???My foot has nearly his old size back, but I think there is something fish about my ankle. The doc can have a look on it, when I'm there to do a check-up on wednesday. I hope Craig feet are getting well also. Otherwise it could be a problem to put the fins on. How was the flaring competition at Cool Runnings??? Have you found a replacement for me???And Tabs, your email-address is not working or I'm complete unable.... Please send me your address!!!!!I'm going to have lots of drinks tonight and tell my friends a few stories. Think about all of you. I'm miss you all and my home. My bed in the dorm was better than my own one. Don't forget me!!! See you all soonJens22/1/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi guys & gals, Just to say we had a fun time at green elephant (except Jim suffering from a nice Space cake) and to say We will be back. Tip of the day --> for Greg Don't bother going sandboarding --> its like snowboarding in slow motion and no elevators taking you up --> Kloofing was a blast the max Marc & Jim 25/1/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all! Sally and Taz here!! Writing from the land of dreary rain, snow and foot and mouth. but hey, it's good to see family and friends again! We've been getting used to being back (wearing jumper and trouser indoors?!) and are heading off to Holland this tuesday!! (Tab, i know u wanted to know that! eastern holland to be precise.) I did get offered a job with Thomas Cook travel agents but figured i didnt want to be stuck in an office with boring office girlies again. so back to the instructing outdoors and annoying kids! Taz has been looking for other opportunities too, is even figuring on starting a business in SA!How is it out in sunny SA? Or should we not ask? We cant even show off the taz due to the fact you have to wrap up so tight!! ooh, how's the surf board too? and joy in selling it?anyway, keep in touch, have fun and smile lots,Sally and TAZ x23/3/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey there, I am having a great time being on holiday at the moment. Sitting in Wilderness, George. Will be in Jhb on Sat and will try and contact all from there. Leaving Jhb on the 11th and will be in London at 8.15am on the 12th of April. I have been invited to Wales leaving that evening for the Easter Weekend and then will be back on the Tuesday again. Time for job hunting. Will be staying in Brixton for 2 weeks and then the search begins. Possibly working from Chelsea delivering garden furniture for a couple of months which should keep me going for a while. Looking forward to seeing those that are around or will definitely see those in other countries soon. Stay in touch, Love...Ramon. 4/4/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Rick,guess who's made it up to Victoria Falls and now to Australia.It's me. I promised to mail you how the tour with Nomad was.It was absolutely fantastic. A wicked group to have a lot of fun with, tourguides to fall in love with (no not that way) and a continet I really have fallen in love with. Another promise: I will be back and that as soon as possible.The tour was well worth the money spent. We where really lucky with our Guides. One of them had studied natur conservation and was a never ending source of facts about nearly everything (but you had to be careful what to believe, for he loved to fool you). The other guide, she was a gourges cook. I thought about loosing some weight during this tour. Forget about it, not with food made by Nicky. Even stuff I don't eat back home tasted great.The best of course where the landscapes and the game we saw. A herd of about 40 elephant visiting a waterhole just about 50 m from you. That's an experience, who can't descripe in words. If there hadn't been other people to share this, you would have thought you were dreaming.We have been very lucky. We saw giraffes, antilopes, Impalas, rhinos, hippos and many others. Two times we even saw lions not far away. Together with the amazing landscapes in Namibia, Bootswana and Zimbabwe it was all and even more I had expected.Now I'm spending some time in Australia. And guess what. Crazy me is going on a tour for 24 days again. From Perth all the way up the west coast to Darwin. That should be great aswell (I hope so). I might tell you about it some other time.Hope you guys in Cape Town are well and behave yourself (no, just kidding). Wish you all the best and greet anybody who might be interested.See yaSilke 14/4/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I miss SA but in particular the wonderful time at the Green Elephant and you all. If you can say hello to Tabs and to Paula and Ria(the Dutch girl) as well and tell them that I will e-mail them as soon as I have some time.Thanks a lot . Hey guys, THANKS A LOT! You can't imagine how much you've helped me: you' ve prevented me from having to do with the (blo--y) Italian bureaucracy and I'll be forever thankful for this! By the way: where was my I.D.? I and Gerald are doing well (if we can talk about doing well in Germany...): back to work, back to University, a lot to do, shit weather...nothing new. Anyway Tobias will probably visit us this weekend and hopefully he'll bring us a bit of S.A. sun...the last rays he enjoyed before leaving!!!:):):):):) I'm happy to hear that you're all ok. I miss you all, especially when I watch the weather forecast on the CNN and I hear: "Cape Town,20 degrees" YOU LUCKY!!!! Let me have more news from you. Take care alessiaTake care alessia14/4/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all Just a quick email to say thanx for an awsome weekend and let you know we got home safely. Simon and Robin 17/4/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Guys, Hope that you are all well and not missing Dan and I too much!!! We are now in Knysna. Its really nice here. We are staying at the Peregrin Backpackers. They are so freindly and helpful. I was wondering if Craig had booked Dan's bunji jump cos i know that he was enquiring about it. Dan isn't going to do it anymore cos it is so expensive, so could you let me know if he booked it or not. We are staying put here until sunday and then we are moving on to Port Elizabeth for two nights and then onto Coffee Bay where we shall stay at the 'coffee shack'. I can't tell you how much i miss all you guys and everyone that i have met that are heading for Cape Town i have sent them in your direction. There are two German girls that might be coming to you on monday with very long, long hair. So you know that i sent them!!! Can you say hi to Liz and Ria for me and say that i am really sorry that i didn't get to say goodbye to them. If you could send me their e-mail that would be great. Anyway i must go now. I shall keep in touch with you all. Take care and give Defa a big kiss for me. Loads of love Becky and Dan xxxxxxxxxxxx20/4/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hey Defa and the rest of the staff,after a great overlandtrip to the Vic Falls, thanks for recommanding me Umkulu, I am now back in Germany since 4 weeks. But in the head i am still in Africa !!!!! Are Elisabeth and Ria still in Wesley Street?? I forgot to take their Email Adresse ........Thanks Christoph28/5/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys... I've been flying around all morning with a hangover in terrible weather. Sheesh! How's my boyfriend Defa? Is that stupid B still on his shoulders? I keep meaning to send you a postcard, but just can't seem to find the time to do much of anything. I hope you are all well. Kisses. Aria19/7/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Everyone Just a quick note to say we got home safely & thanks again for such a brill time in Cape Town. Hope defa is all better after his operation, and that you aren't missing us too much!!!! lotsa love Fiona & Carol19/7/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Guys,Just wanted to say 'Thank You' for all your help during our brief visit in June, 2001. Lori and I had a fantastic trip in Southern Africa (South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Malawi). The Eclipse was awesome. Did any one there get to see it?We never did connect with the overland bus that we were trading e-mail messages about to get from Vic Falls to Lusaka. We called many times and could not get through. As time was closing on us fast, we only had 2 days in Vic Falls, we took the train from Livingstone to Lusaka.......that was not such a good call. Oh well, we did get to Lusaka in time for the eclipse and we have a great story to tell about our train ride. We watched the eclipse from the Lusaka Airport with thousands of people. Lots flew in for the day on charters (from Germany, Austria and Japan). It was great. Hey! Perhaps I'll e you some pics.FYI: Audi Camp in Botswana was fantastic, you guys got us on their bus from Windhoek to Maun and then onto Vic Falls. We stayed at their place for a few days. I highly recommend it. But book in early, we almost didn't get in. Bushwacked on the Orange River was also fantastic, highly recommend it also. We did have trouble finding the place, the directions were wrong and there was no, absolutely NO, signs to the place. We lost half a day, crossed the boarders way too many times and had to sleep in the car until we found it. But once we did .... it was great. I hope they starting to take credit cards / travelers checks there soon, that hurt us a bit. We found that once we left Cape Town we had difficulty with credit, ABM's untill we got into Namibia. Then we fine until MalawiIn Namibia, we stayed at the Cardboard Box and not the Chameleon, only because it was late and we found it first, also we had heard about from a friend. It was okay but wish we had found the chameleon. Namibia was very plesant surprize. The car rental from Cape Town was great choice too.We got screwed over in Vic Falls with exchange rates and with a less than good tour company there. Oh well, part of the trip eh.Of all the places we stayed in, the Green Elephant was our favorite by far. Would love to come see you guys again some day. Perhaps we'll do the Garden Route and Kruger then.Oh! Can I ask you for a list of your Amarula shooters, names and mixes. I have been buying it for gifts and as a wedding present for some friends next weekend and I wanted to add a list of shooters with it. The gifts have to have something African about them you know.Thanks again, hope to hear from soon. Tim Mullings28/7/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
name : Emmanuel Kombe MESSAGE : Keep it up you have the best Infrastracture on Tuorism and you have much still to sell 6/8/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
great news, please credit my credit card, my account is going to love it! i had afantastic trip with umkulu, recommend it to everybody. i will send you a longer e-mail later, cause i don't have much time now, since i am relaxing in durban for a few days. i hope everybody is cool at the greenele, later alligator.11/8/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! By now you've all long since forgotten me, so I figured I'd send a picture. I'm back in Canada now. Very strange feeling. But it's ok, my dad is firing up the "barbeque" (oh kak man, I mean the "braai"!!) And I'm now chugging back some "Molson Canadian's" rather than Castle's. Anyhow, I trust you're all working as hard as ever (heheh). I miss you guys.Cheers Regan15/8/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you! I hope to come back to Cape Town soon- and stay at GEB again, I really enjoyed the neighbourhood. Good surfing to you- stay with the waves!Mia13/9/01
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Green Elephant!Thanks for the t-shirt- my boyfriend immediatly wore it to work to boast about SA, although I was the one who went! Who knows it might attract som new backpacker guests fron Finland...all the best from a sunny and warm autum-TurkuMia25/9/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello!!How is everyone? I miss Cape Town dearly now that I am engulfed in a new sucky busy school year here in Canada. Wish I was still there. It's starting to get really cold here. I cracked out the ol' scarf, mittens and tuque today...I bet it's getting beautiful out there...jealous.Hope all is well, take care,Van30/10/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROBIN,CHRISTA CARNE SAMAYAHOPE U ARE ALL WELL, WE ARE NOW IN DURBAN, BUT THE REAL REASON FOR THIS EMAIL IS JUST TO REMIND ROBIN OF LAST SATURDAY AND THE DEFEAT OF THE SA RUGBY, WE HAD A WEE DRINK B4 DURING AND AFTER,THANKS FOR A GREAT STAY AND WE HAVE TO SAY THE BEST BY FAR, WILL LOOK 4WARD TO ONE DAY COMMING BACK.LOVE TO DEFASANDRA & SELINA
28/11/01
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Defa, How have you been? Has Robin been treating you alright? I hope you have been getting in enough mountain time as well as little bit of beach time with Robin. I'll remind him to buy you some toys next time I write to him. I've missed you! Melissa29/11/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Robin, very nice to hear from you and from the nice life of the Grenn Ele, which i have been missing during the last two years. But anyway, i have also had really great times, traveling threw Latin America, learning spanish and enjoying caribean life. But i still am thinking a lot at the Green Ele and his crazy inhabitants Robin and Defa (yesterday i saw a movie, Conspiracy, with an actor that looks exactly like you, i was very surprises, at first i thought it was you). So, all my best wishes to Patsy, i hope she remembers me. it s a really nice picture of her you sent. I met recently Melissa, Oli (her boyfriend) and their son Jacob, in my own town in France. great time!!! I am now living in Panamá, where i am working a bit in the french diplomacy, and dont know what i am doing after this (maybe study another time in Europe). So lot greetings to anyone of the Green Ele, lot of love and good vibes. Cheers my bruh, Moses30/11/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hello everybody,it's Yvonne, little french girl sendind my greetings and love to Patsy for her birthday ...Moses send me the mail with her picture and i was so happy to hear from africa cause i miss it a lot!!! Pat sy looks great ont the picture and she seems very younger than 40 years!!!!!!!I like to come back soon but i'm pregnant and cannot move until the baby wants to come out!!! it's plenty of joy for me and my boyfriend that i want to share with Robin and all the team! lots of love Yvonne4/12/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Robin Thank you for your effort and your friendliness. I have given your mail to the people who is concerned about it. I do not know if they had said yes or no to the expensive proposal. Anyway I will visit your place (Observatory?) when i am coming to Cape Town to see for the next time. This time I choosed a place close to Green Point Stadium where we can train and the place is in a jogging distance becaise we have only one microbus so it is comfortable. I have visited South Afriva 4 times and it is striking how friendly people are to tourists. All kind of people I meet are friendly and helpful. Thank you Regards Elisabeth from a chilly,windy,rainy,dark Sweden 7/12/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hello everyone. Carne', Sumaya, Christa, Sean, hope all is well, sorry about the group email, but it seems i managed not to get all your contacts b4 i left. anyway i just wanted to say high!!! i have made my way back to the states :( but actually its ok, found a new place to live in LA. hope all is well out there and enjoying your summer, its not too warm around hear, but at least the mountains are getting some snow. if one of you would be kind enough to send me the contact info for scuba shack, it would be greatly apreciated. besides i would just liuke to hear from ya anyway, ok b4 i get tooo pathetic i'll get going. have fun and keep it together. ~mat15/12/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for another great stay at the Green elephant- had a very good time. Ryan and Karl, your doing a great job. We do feel good even if spending more money in the bar than expected, and weæll defintitely spread the word.Hope to be back in not too long, and see you again.Enjoy the xmas celbrations Kjetill23/12/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Defa ! Sorry for being so unconcentrated not finishing the writing into the guestbook! Hope You`ll have lots of wurs ! Well, what could I say : It`s a wonderful place and I would be pleased to come back to you !!! Robin , thanks for the patience and please do very well in the time I`m missing Mother City ! Carl - the man ; hope you found the time to enjoy the smoke !! Carne - sorry for trying , but beautiful women must understand ... I hope I wasn`t too bad . I´ll stay in touch , best wishes , Joerg Ups , can anyone hand DESMOND 10,00 Rand I forgot to hand back ????? cu ; joerg 30/12/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Robin and Defa,What a nice surprise to receive your birthday greetings. Thanks. How is RSA - sunny and warm I suppose. Denmark is covered in snow. Clear blue sky and white landscape - quite beautiful. On this last day of 2001 we would like to wish you and your kind staff at the Green Elephant a very Happy New Year. Wishing you all happiness and success in year 2002.Kindest regards, Jakob and Lis31/12/01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: